Friday, January 14, 2005

Eats, Shoots, and Fellowships

I finished Eats, Shoots and Leaves the other day, and I really enjoyed it. Anything that is making me actually pay attention to the punctuation I use on a daily basis has to be a good book. It was also very accessible, though, and I enjoyed the balance of nerdy punctuation talk and well-written wit.

Having finished that, I decided it was time for me to tackle the re-read of the Lord of the Rings, something I've been meaning to do for a while now. I think it'll be interesting to read them having seen all three movies - the last time I read them all, it was shortly after the second movie came out, so I'm looking forward to doing some comparing and contrasting. And probably some grumbling.

I have so many books out from work right now. I really need to step up the reading, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen what with the massive trilogy weighing on me.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger The Doc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger The Doc said...

Man, I loved "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves." So much that I laughed loud enough while reading it to startle my fellow LRT passengers. You have to be some kind of supergeek to laugh out loud at a grammar book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home