Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Waiting for June

I have this compulsion about bad teen fiction. I can't resist a drama-filled YA novel, and although I try to pass it off as keeping current in my field, I think it's mostly just the remnants of my love for Lurlene McDaniel and her ilk as a pre-teen. And teen.

Anyway. I picked up this book called Waiting for June about a pregnant teenager, because I never learn my lesson about these kinds of books. And surprise! It was crappy. I've only really read one decent book about teen parenthood, called No More Saturday Nights, and even it might not live up to close scrutiny. I would love to find some more relatively well-written ones, because I have read some truly, truly awful pieces of crap on the subject.

I read it. It only took me a lunch hour to do it, so I suppose I didn't waste much time on it. It ranks a hearty meh.

Fellowship is very nearly done. Woo! I'm racing through it, and it's only not finished because I didn't bring it to work today. (I have a really heavy illustrated version, which is glorious, but I didn't want to haul it in to work today to read 30 pages, so it's waiting for me to get home.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home