Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Guy Not Taken: Stories

by Jennifer Weiner

This is one of those cases where somebody returned this and I checked it in, and otherwise wouldn’t have heard about it. I loved Good in Bed, Jennifer Weiner’s first book, and have been neither thrilled nor horrified by her subsequent books. I feel approximately the same way about this collection of short stories. I hated the first few stories about a girl and her intolerable sister, and it made me wonder if Weiner has some truly horrendous sister, because a lot of her books seem to feature really hateable sisters. Some of the other ones were much better than the first few, but overall it was just mediocre. I will keep reading her books, but my expectations are not as high as they once were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home