Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Season for Miracles: Twelve Stories of Christmas

Various Authors

This is a compilation of short stories in the Dear Canada series. Each of the 12 stories is a Christmas story about the characters from one of the previous Dear Canada books. I’ve read a few of them, and I think they’re actually pretty decent books. (They got some of the best authors in Canada to write them, and they’re remarkably unformulaic.)

This book, however, relied entirely on you having read the previous books and therefore had no characterization independent of what you were presumed to know based on the books. That bugged me, and I didn’t particularly enjoy the book. However, I think that’s a problem fairly specific to this type of book and not an indication of the series in general, unless they start churning out more short story compilations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home