Monday, January 31, 2005

The Two Towers

Man alive, this book was easier to read the second time through. I still maintain that I think the narrative choices Tolkien made were poor - I know a lot of people who just lost interest in the books part way through Book IV, when Sam and Frodo and Gollum are just walking walking walking, myself included first time through - but it didn't kill me as much as last time, partly because I love Faramir and I read quickly to get to his part.

I'm now a good ways into The Return of the King, and I'm trundling along trying to finish so I can read something else!

I should mention - I also read a book about the making of the Gollum character in the movies, written by Andy Serkis. It was decent, though occasionally a little self-indulgent, but it was interesting to see how the process evolved.

I don't think I've read anything else. Damn Tolkien, taking up all my reading time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home