Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Girls in Pants

I caved on Sunday and bought the third of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. I generally don't buy books anymore, what with the working in the library, but (a) it has a lengthy hold list at the library, (b) I had a gift certificate, and (c) I own the other two already so I thought it would be nice to have all of them.

Anyway, I read it that night (and am paying for the lack of sleep still), and it was very enjoyable, though not quite as good as the first two, I don't think. I like the characters in it a lot, but I don't feel like much happened to them in this one. In the others, major life changing events happened to them, whereas in this book it felt a little like major life changing things were happening to other people and they just happened to be around for it.

I thought it did an excellent job of summing up pre-college feelings, though, and does a killer job of creating the friendship between the four girls. I like books about friends, and these three are good ones.

After finishing that, I went to work the next day and found myself reading (or, more accurately, rereading - what is WRONG with me?) Confessions of a Shopaholic, a book I HATED the first time I read it. Why did I reread it? I don't know. But it still sucked ass the second time. Bleah.

And, finally, after reading those two, I finished up What Noone Tells the Bride, which was a fairly satisfying read and also quite comforting, because it made me feel like it's ok to not feel like all aspects of wedding planning are puppies and sunshine. The thing it focused a lot on was that it's strange and not entirely blissful to abandon your single life, and since that's my big sadness about getting married - not getting to live with Erin and be goofy with her all the time - it made me feel less guilty about feeling that way.

Anyway. Three books this week, and it's only Wednesday! I need to start going to bed earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home