Thursday, March 10, 2005

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Why, why, WHY did I reread this book? I HATED it the first time I read it. It's a stupid premise, an absolutely HATEFUL main character, badly written, atrocious lesson to be teaching impressionable young people...basically, it has nothing going for it.

But so many people loved it I thought I should give it another chance. I did the same thing with the authors of the Nanny Diaries - I read their second book, about a girl who gets a very menial job at a publishing company and gets totally abused. I figured I would be able to sympathize with THAT situation without too much trouble. But GOD ALMIGHTY, it was terrible. Ugh. Same with Shopaholic. I just hated it.

So. I'm going to stop reading things just because other people love them. Or, rather, I'm going to stop reading things more than once just because other people love them. A good position to take, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home