Thursday, March 10, 2005

Ladies with various things

Two books: Ladies with Options and Ladies with Prospects. Both kind of fluffy books that I picked up on a whim. I read the first one, Options, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's the story of a bunch (it was a while ago that I read it, clearly) of mostly middle-aged women who start an investment club. It was chick lit, I suppose, but not in the most traditional of senses. It's nice to see someone doing something a little different.

Both books were about the Ladies doing something that seems too good to be true and making a pile of money out of it. Not terribly suspensful, nor believeable, but kind of an amusing read for the duration of two books. I think I would get bored of it after another book - the second one was less entertaining than the first, and there were distinctly annoying writing habits throughout - but better than the average fluff book.

Not that that's necessarily saying much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home